Translate

About Me

Winter Hill ,Horwich, UK
About Me Jake ,I am 11 years old and have Autism. This Blog is about what I can do not what I cannot,sometimes people think I cannot because I have autism ,this blog is about challenging that!I have lots of special interests, in particular running, exploring and this blog shows a small amount of what I get up to! Please be careful as some of activities I do may look easy are not , I know Winter Hill very well I can get off safely and know what to do when the weather closes in ,to keep myself safe I use high performance clothing and footwear,waterproof/ breathable/reflective/thermal layers. in layers so I keep warm and dry , I take my safety seriously and I always take care when out exploring. My dad is very experienced on the fells he is teaching me how to keep safe.I can use a map and compass, the hills can be windy , very cold, be wet , misty and boggy. STAY SAFE! check out under my link's for advice on safety from Bowland and Pennine Mountain rescue. Try my Winter Hill Challenge http://jakeofwinterhill.blogspot.com/2011/02/10-or-14-peak-courses-on-winter-hill-by.html

Sunday 21 October 2012

Ahrensburg and Arnesvelde castle , Hamburg

We went to Ahrensburg 

we went to see the castle near Ahrensburg

 "Arx Arnsburga", also called Arnesvelde castle, was built around the year 1200. Ruins of the castle are still visible in the Hagen forest to the south of the town. The town coat of arms shows the castle in the upper field. There are records of reeves based in the castle in 1295 and 1304. In 1326, Count John III of Schauenburg had his reeve relocated to Trittau and abandoned the castle.


the forest



unknown object high in the trees ?




Leo


Leo loves to play falling down !






a nice picture

Leo has a stick









the train station at Volksdorf





the underground train we went on

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=u+bahn+station+volksdorf&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=u+bahn+station+volksdorf&cid=0,0,11477648163922841034&ei=graWUI_6Co7HswbpmYDoAw&ved=0CIcBEPwSMAE

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Bahnlinie_1_(Hamburg)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/U-Bahn-Volksdorf/123383441048567






the spooky swamp
this is the raised walkway its great as you run across it , it moves !





YUCK!

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/1341067-Burg-Arnesvelde-Ahrensburg/photos






this is the old castle remains !




















the old moat










sunlight comes through the trees





its great being able to play ! here me and Evie climb across some logs









a leaf falls on Leo who fell asleep !

cranes  they made some strange sounds




we waited for a train 







some of the trees we saw




No comments:

Post a Comment